Friday, June 27, 2008

3 Days in a Row of $300+ Earnings!

Ok, by now it must sound like a broken record... but screw it, I can't help but get a little excited. Yesterday was my third straight $300+ day. This time it wasn't even close - with one network still left to report I'm at $324.03 in ad revenue for yesterday. By the time everything is counted I expect a total of around $332.

Incredibly, I had a mini-surge on top of the 3-day surge I've been experiencing, when one of my sites suddenly got back some Google lovin', completely out of the blue. Back for about 4 months in 2007 Google decided it just loved this site and it was sending 8, 10, sometimes even 14-15 thousand visitors a day to it. And then, literally overnight, Google dropped it like a hot potato. The site was still technically in Google - you just had to look really damned hard to find it. Over the space of 24 hours I went from 12,000 visitors a day from Google to about 600. (A 95% drop in traffic, overnight, sans explanation).

It hurt like a sumbitch when that happened, but I ended up taking it in stride. First off, it wasn't a site that I particularly spent all that much time and effort on, and secondly... well, Google giveth, and Google can taketh away, right? The site would never have been a success without Google in the first place, so I ended up looking at it more as a 4-month, transient Google blessing than a 24-hour Google curse.

Anyway, that was December 2007. Traffic on the site remained in the doldrums through all of this year, until about 2 weeks ago we had one mini-spike of about 2,600 visitors from Google. It didn't last though, and within a day we were back to our normal levels of about 900-1000/day. Then comes yesterday - a Google spike of about 4,800 visitors! I checked my keywords again this morning and lo and behold, they're still showing up at #2 and #3 on Google, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time the Google lovin' is here to stay.

Until it isn't anymore. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi friend, I'm your blog fans , but why no any new update ?